Mokuhanga printmaker and tutor, Terry McKenna, who has previously run workshops at USQ McGregor Winter School and at the Saturday Printmakers in Toowoomba is holding a Mokuhanga print exhibition in May/June 2017:
This exhibition has been organised to promote mokuhanga, provide an opportunity for mokuhanga artists to show their work and to develop a community of practitioners.
Open to any artist practicing mokuhanga technique in Australia, the work must be mokuhanga – Japanese water-based woodblock printing. No other media, or combination of other media, will be accepted. The theme is open, you can submit any work or variation of the technique, as long as it adheres to the water-based woodblock technique. There is no restriction on colour- either single or multiple colours / impressions are acceptable.
Your entry fee assists with the cost of running and promoting the exhibition. If required a further fee covers the return of your art work.
An opening function will be held on Wednesday 31st May, 2017, 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
– Australia-wide open invitation to exibit one of your mokuhanga
– Exhibition dates: 31st May to 17th June, 2017
– at Firestation Print Studio, Armadale, Melbourne
– Opening Wednesday 31st May, 6.30pm
– Any theme OK
– Maximum size – up to A3
– Entry Fee: $15 or Firestation Member / Australian Mokuhanga School student Discount: $10
– Return Postage $10 if applicable
– Entry Deadline Friday 21st April, 2017
For a copy of the entry form and exhibition terms and conditions please access the below website:
Thank you to Nicole for sharing the above!